The Dakota Planet

Jamal Khashoggi Death and Disappearance Facts

Marko Bogojevski, News Writer

On October 2, around 1 pm Jamal Khashoggi walked into the Saudi Arabia Consulate in Istanbul, Turkey. He entered the consulate to obtain a document to prove he was divorced. His fiancée reported him missing to the authorities when he did not come out by 4 pm, even though the consulate closed at 3:30 pm.  

The Turkish police told media that the recordings of security cameras did not show any evidence of Khashoggi leaving the consulate. After his disappearance the Turkish government said that he was still inside. The Saudi government claimed that he had left the consulate though a back entrance.  

On October 2, 15 Saudis arrived that day and arrived at the consulate. They are believed to have been sent by the crown prince to assassinate Khashoggi. One anonymous police source has claimed that his body was cut up into pieces and removed from the consulate.   

On October 15, there was an inspection of the consulate, by both Saudi Arabian and Turkish officials. Turkish officials found that tampered evidence and other evidence that supported the belief that Khashoggi had been killed. 

On October 20, Saudi Arabia admitted that he had died inside the consulate during what they claim was a fight. Eighteen Saudis have been arrested including the team of 15 who were sent to the consulate.  

On October 22, CNN aired footage from Turkish authorities showing a Saudi agent from the 15-man team, leaving the consulate by the back door. He was dressed in Khashoggi’s clothes and had a fake beard on. He was later seen going into a public bathroom and changing back into his own clothes.  

As of this posting the body of Jamal Khashoggi has not been found. 

Jamal Khashoggi was a Saudi journalist for The Washington Post. He was a former insider in the Saudi Royal family but then he turned to be a critic of the Saudi government and the crown prince.

Marko Bogojevski, News Writer

Marko Bogojevski is a senior at Dakota High School, and this is his first year with the Dakota Planet. He is a news writer and he likes to write about...

1 Comment

One Response to “Jamal Khashoggi Death and Disappearance Facts”

1. BIG DON on November 1st, 2018 7:52 am

It’s a very sad situation, it’s a very bad situation. We cannot let this happen, to reporters, to anybody. We will get to the bottom of this! MAGA

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Jamal Khashoggi Death and Disappearance Facts

News

2018 Midterm Election Results

News

New Royal Baby

• News

Lindsay Lohan Gets Punched in the Face After Trying to Kidnap Syrian Children

• News

Shareef O’Neal Heart surgery

News

Earth Only Has Till 2030?

News

Senate Confirms Brett Kavanaugh to Supreme Court

News

U.N. Leaders Laughed at Trump

News

Meet Michigan’s Midterm Candidates

• News

Hurricane Florence

• News

Sibley’s Sleepover

"We Revolve Around You"