"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

DHS Blood Drive

DHS Blood Drive 

The blood drive at Dakota High School was an enormous success! Many people were in and out of the community room all day to volunteer for their blood to be drawn. NHS at Dakota co- hosts the blood drive every year along with the American Red Cross. They were able to reach everyone at our school, including staff to give them the opportunity to donate blood. The NHS president Luca Polidori says that this year we had over 60 students and staff generously donating blood. 

Next year if you are interested in donating blood yourself you need to be at least 16. 16-year-olds need to have a permission slip signed, but 17 and older do not. You donate it here at DHS and it does not take long at all. Blood is an important but scarce resource. The Red Cross has a shortage right now and is down 25%.  

When you donate blood, they first ask you some questions. Most pertain to your general health, or what vaccinations you have received. They also give you a finger poke to test your iron levels in your blood. If you check out with all the questions, and your blood is healthy, they start the process of drawing your blood. They take only one pint of blood which your body replaces quickly. After your blood is drawn, you are provided with a snack and water and an opportunity to sit down for a bit before going back to class.  

View Comments (2)
Donate to The Dakota Planet
$195
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Dakota High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.