"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

The Cougar Den and All It Has to Offer

The Cougar Den and All It Has to Offer 

There is one place that Dakota High School students love to get all their snacks and DHS merchandise. The Cougar Den. The Cougar Den is Dakota High School’s school store where any student or staff can purchase anything from snacks and cookies to very well priced DHS merch. The Cougar Den is located on the East side of the atrium, and open during all A, B, and C lunches. The Cougar Den is run by the seniors in Marketing Three so they can apply everything they learned, and are learning in Marketing One, Two, and Three in real-life situations.   

Some of the things the Marketing Three students do at the Cougar Den is pricing the products like merch or snacks, stocking everything, working the register and dealing with money. Mrs. Atienza who teaches Marketing One and Three helps and guides the senior students through the work at the Cougar Den. They also display the spirit wear for whatever the football game spirit wear is at the time. Other than just selling snacks and Dakota apparel, they also help promote the Walk-a-thon, which will be taking place on October 20th 

After hearing so much about it you might be wondering where the profit from the Cougar Den goes. None of it goes to the students or the teacher running it, Mrs. Atienza. All the money made from the store goes straight to the board office, and they use that money to buy more products, and improving the store.  

So, the next time you are looking for your next sugar fix, or want to represent your school with stylish Dakota High School merchandise consider Mrs. Atienza and the amazing Marketing Three students in the Cougar Den. 

You can find the Cougar Den @DHSCougarDen on X.

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Dakota Planet
$195
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Dakota High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.