"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

The Students Behind The Cheers

A closer look at the energy this years student section leaders are bringing.
Ella
Bree Bautko, Gracie Maloney, Bella Crager, and Mario Quaglia all lined up ready to get the crowd excited!

Without a doubt, Dakota High Schools student section is one of the best in Michigan, but who are the people behind it?

It takes a lot of dedication, passion, and confidence to be able to stand up in front of a crowd and stir them up. The 2023-2024 Student section leaders consists of thirteen seniors; Julia Sandles, Anna Braniff, Carina Cabarios, Sophia Payne, Bella Crager, Gracie Maloney, Audrey Oltersdorf, CJ Russel, Avery Lee, Sidnee Puffpaff, Katie Carlson, Mario Quaglia, and Abby Yeip.

These 13 leaders have added a fun new twist to the student section this year. We are now called “The Den”. This new name has a catchy spin to it and makes us sound much more professional.

Thanks to the amazing student section leaders, the crowd is so exciting and full of energy. They do an amazing job at bringing out the pure enthusiasm in the kids, especially the underclassmen that are new to the school. The thirteen leaders make sure everyone is striped of their nerves and embarrassment they might feel.

The boys on the football team must feel so much motivation to do the best they can when they look over and see their peers going crazy for them. Its so amazing to see so many people come together in one place for one purpose and make it so thrilling.

Another huge part of the student section are the cheerleaders and the band. The cheerleaders lead cheers and get the crowd hyped after a touchdown while the band plays music to build up more suspense and excitement.

If you’re new to this school, or have never been to a Dakota football game, I definitely recommend showing up to the next one. I guarantee you will have the best time!

Mela Cipriano, Varsity Cheerleader (Ella)
Mario Quaglia, Senior class president. (ell)
Dakota Varsity Dance Team (Ella Goy)

View Comments (5)
Donate to The Dakota Planet
$195
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Dakota High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.