"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

2023 Homecoming Pep Assembly

Well-known throughout the school, the 2023 Pep Assembly festivities were led by Mario and Elana.

Following the Pledge of Allegiance and a stirring performance of the National Anthem by Dante Dagati, spirit corps were announced. On the freshman team were Rose Oraha, Justin Naden, Brendan Stout, Addyson Russo, Elijah Warren, and Julia Qosaj. The sophomores had Lauren Abbott, Aubry Blair, Brooke Cahill, Rylee mcArthur, Kiley Phelan, and Aubrey Raines. Representing the Juniors were Aidan Lindsay, Kendall Cool, Cory Franklin, Kyndall Motley, Julian Sawa, and Layla king. And last but not least, with the seniors were: Christopher Russell, Sophia Payne, Jake Kowalkowski, Casey Phelan, Jonathan Chubb, and Gracie Maloney

The Freshman Cheer team was the first to perform, followed by Junior Varsity, and finally the Varsity Cheer Team. Each one was spectacular and thrilling to watch.

Cheer team performances were followed by the first spirit corps competition: the relay race; freshmen took home the medal for this one.

Having announces the winner, this year’s Homecoming Court was revealed:

• Kennedy Pring and Christopher Kozlowski
  • Mariah Belmont and Andrew Mossington
  • Abby Yeip and Landon Moore
  • Hannah Palmer and Brad Haver
  • Stella Gelineau and Dante Dagati
  • Marlee Adams and Nick Reaume
  • Rebecca ottinger and Trevor Laster
  • Bianka Cukarkov and Mathew Wouters
  • Carina Caberios and Marco Lefeif
  • Grace Mendola and Jake Kowalkowski

This was followed by the next spirit corps event: dodge ball. Round one was sophomores against seniors; round two juniors versus freshmen; round three were the winners, freshmen and seniors. Seniors ultimately won the game.

In between game entertainment was then given by the Junior Varsity and Varsity Dance Teams.

A performance by Trombone Suicide, who lived up to the name with their mind-blowing concert.

Then came time for the final event: tug-o-war. Teachers were picked to help the grades out. With Freshman was Ms Weeks, Juniors had Mr. Bilof, sophomores with Mr. Pojeta, and last but not least, Mr. McLeod with the seniors.

After three short but tense rounds, the seniors emerged victorious, thus sealing their place as the ultimate winners of this year’s spirit corps.

As has become tradition these past few years, Mario and Mr. Mcleod both ended up with a face-full of pie at the end of these events (much to the delight of the audience.)

And thus the 2023 Pep Assembly came to an end. As everyone knows, the Homecoming Dance itself took place the next day.