"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

Homecoming 2023: Fashion Trends

Homecoming 2023: Fashion Trends

This poll has ended.

What are you wearing to Homecoming?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

As we all know, Homecoming is coming up FAST. This year’s dance is on Saturday, September 30th, and the theme is Cruise! This means the whole dance will be tropical!  But, what are people wearing?!

It can be concluded that everyone, minus our tiny freshman, will be aiming for long dresses as usual. It has been a trend at Dakota for years, that the Freshmen mainly wear short dresses for the first year of highschool. Once you enter Sophomore year, you start with long dresses because you are “officially apart of the highschool” as a whole.

After talking to many students, I have the full homecoming fashion scoop for you. I will not reveal the names of the students, dresses must be a surprise, but, I will reveal the most popular colors and styles. According to students, open back dresses are a popular pick this year. They are both elegant and form-fitting. Open-back dresses give a dramatic flair to your look. If open-back is not your taste, try lace. Dresses with any sort of lace detailing are a huge pick this year. Lace dresses give a unique look that is timeless. If you’re looking to spice up your style, this is definitely the way to go.

But what about color? I’ve got the answer to that too! After speaking with Dakota students, I’ve spotted a few trends. Black is a huge contender this year, especially for the seniors. Nothing says chic like a gorgeous, black dress. However, if you want tgo feel more lively, shoot for a pink or purple dress. These colors are huge this year, and it’s easy to see why. Pink and purple are bright, eccentric colors that can make anyone stand out in a crowd. If these are still not the right colors for you, go with something calmer. A green dress will work every time! Any shade of green can make you look cool and calm on the dance floor.

This year’s Homecoming will be a great one! What will you wear? Vote in the poll!