All About Dakota’s Film Club

A group picture:)

Dakota’s film club, an amazing place where students meet and create their own movies, is perfect for anyone who wants to pursue or participate in film-making. The students create all sorts of cool films including action, horror, shorts, and their favorite, comedy. Containing about ten consistent members and others who come and go the club does a great job of using each student’s talents in any way possible.

Although some may believe that the club only needs actors, the truth is that they need much more than just that. It takes all sorts of people from those working with sound to those filming and editing the movies to create a great film. A great thing about this club is the ability for its members to explore many areas that make up the process of creating films. If someone was an editor in the last film they don’t have to stay in this job, they always rotate. This way you get to do all sorts of things and experience every part of the process!

Even better is the passion students acquire for film-making through this great club. Many students who were or are currently in film club have fallen in love with film-making and are currently or are planning to pursue a movie-making career. Members such as Jacob Lipski, pursuing acting, Jordan Picklor, currently going to Grand Valley for film production along with the current Film Club president(-figure), Megan Bruce, and many others have all chosen to careers in the film-making industry. Some have even gone to New York and are doing very well there.

A very friendly and close group, this club cherishes each of its members and what they do immensely. If you ever want to join Film Club Mrs. Sobota in room 218 is who you would want to talk to. She is super sweet and will help you with that:) They meet often and do a lot of work at places outside of school so its a very fun way to participate in Dakota’s clubs.