"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

What is DECA?

What is DECA?

Here at Dakota, we have many clubs and organization. They often are very involved with the school and community. These clubs and organizations include DECA. DECA is run by Ms. Atienza and Ms. Seneker.

This club is associated with a marketing class you can take and prepares students for financing and marketing jobs. It also teaches them management and hospitality skills. It is a great way to prepare you for future college classes and future jobs if you plan on taking the business/marketing route.

They participate in competitions. These competitions consist of online business simulations in which students must use their marketing skills to win. These competitions are held at the district, state, and international level.

They run the Cougar Den all year as well. They sell food, slushies, and Dakota merchandise as a way of practicing and perfecting their marketing skills. They create well-put together displays in front of the Den to advertise and spread word through social media. These things help to prepare students for future roles and/or jobs they may acquire. It is a great way to gain experience while also learning knowledge.

In addition, DECA also is involved with the school community on social media. On Instagram, they often post things to engage their audience such as motivational quotes or self care advice. This showcases their hospitality/empathy skills and allows them to interact with students.

Overall, DECA is a great club that should be recognized. DECA helps prepare students’ for their futures and helps them to become accommodated to skills needed for their dream careers.