"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

The Hidden Meanings in the Barbie Movie

Taking a deeper look at what messages the new Barbie film conveys.

The world of animated movies has always been a platform for sending messages and holding hidden values. The new Barbie movie is no exception to this concept. While it may seem like a funny, entertaining children’s film, a closer look at the movie uncovers a ton of subtle messages and themes that resound with both early and grown audiences.

One of the main themes in the Barbie movie is self-discovery. Throughout the film, we witness Barbie’s journey of learning about who she is and her personal growth. When we look at the beginning of the film, Barbie is insecure of herself and who she is in the world. As the story continues, she begins to embrace her individuality and abilities. This sends an influential message to all audiences watching, encouraging them to be themselves, no matter what. Barbie says, “Being different is what makes you special.” This line especially highlights one of the film’s messages about self-acceptance and embracing individuality. It teaches children and adults that they should be proud of who they are and that their uniqueness is their strength.

Weird barbie, played by Kate McKinnon. She embraces individuality and being yourself throughout the film.

The Barbie movie also challenges traditional gender stereotypes. The character Ken, for example, defies conventional gender roles by embracing his desire for fashion and bright colors. This breaks away from the notion that certain style choices are reserved for specific genders. The film sends a clear message that anyone can pursue their interests, regardless of societal expectations. A scene in which Ken confidently showcases his fashion designs to a captivated audience exemplifies this message. It encourages everyone to be open-minded about their own interests and not limit themselves based on preconceived notions of what is considered “appropriate” for their gender.

Ken, played by Ryan Gosling.

Friendship is also an important theme that is preached in the new Barbie movie. Throughout the story, Barbie and her friends work together to solve problems and achieve their goals. The film highlights the strength of their bonds and the idea that teamwork can overcome obstacles. One notable scene involves Barbie and friends all celebrating each other at the end of the movie when they finally fix Barbie world. This symbolizes the power of friendship and the idea that we can achieve more when we work together rather than in isolation. It teaches the audience the value of friendship and the importance of supporting one another.

Friends of Barbie all celebrating together at the end of the film.

While the new Barbie movie may seem like a simple children’s film on the surface, it holds deeper meanings and themes that resonate with both young and adult audiences. From empowerment and self-discovery to challenging gender stereotypes, promoting environmental consciousness, and celebrating friendship and collaboration, the film offers valuable life lessons and messages that can inspire and educate viewers of all ages. By analyzing the evidence from the movie, we can appreciate the thoughtfulness and intention behind its storytelling. The hidden meanings in the new Barbie movie serve as a reminder that animation can be a powerful medium for conveying important messages and inspiring positive change in our world.