"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

2023 Walk-A-Thon

2023 Walk-A-Thon

As we have all heard on morning announcements, the Walk-A-Thon is right around the corner. I am sure everyone is looking forward to being able to miss the last 2 hours of the school day, but what even is the purpose of this event? Let’s dive into it.

The Dakota 2023 Walk-A-Thon is an event created to fundraise money to directly benefit students at Dakota Highschool. The money raised goes towards little things like materials, like school supplies, and more exciting things like programs. Meaning field trips and other special events like the Walk-A-Thon itself. If you have decided that you would wish to attend, you could spend the last 2 hours of your day walking around the football field track and socializing with friends, listening to fun music, winning prizes, eating delicious autumn treats, and playing games like obstacle courses, or bouncing around in inflatable bouncy houses.

In order to attend the Walk-A-Thon this year, you only need to pay a $5 entry fee. If you wish to experience the more exciting options from this event, there are 4 different other money options to choose from. (Side Note: the tickets you purchase can be used on the dunk tank for the teachers, extra donuts, and used to win prizes from assortment of game options)

• $10 – This amount not only gets you the option to participate in the Walk-A-Thon, but also to enjoy tasty, fall-inspired snacks like donuts and cider, and receive 5 tickets that you can spend on games and more to earn prizes!
  • $30 – This gets you not only yummy donuts and cider, but also 5 extra tickets, and a T-Shirt!
  • $50 – Guarantees you apple cider, donuts, 10 tickets, but instead of a T-Shirt, you get a warm crewneck.
  • $100 – The #1 best option between the 4. Donating $100 to the Walk-A-Thon get you apple cider, donuts, 10 tickets, a T-Shirt and a crewneck, and a half-day movie night with a friend of your choice! Along with the movie, you get popcorn, soda, and your desired candy.

(The $5 is included in these prices, it is NOT an additional fee)

Last year, roughly around 1400 students purchased tickets for the 2022 Walk-A-Thon. This does not include the 100’s of more students that purchased tickets in-person leading up to this exciting event. Many students, like 10th grader Allie Kleinow, explain how “the Walk-A-Thon is a really fun time to walk around the track, and spend time with your friends.” She even added how last year, the donuts provided were cinnamon sugar. If the $100 option piqued your interest but you are still a little unsure, the half-day movie option last year was Jumanji. Who doesn’t love the iconic Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart duo?!

There is no doubt that you should 100% attend Dakota’s Walk-A-Thon. Although it is a charity, it’s a guaranteed fun time for everyone involved. Plus, by spending the last 2 hours of your day hanging out with friends, you are benefitting the school tremendously, which, at the end of the day, will circle back and benefit you as well. It costs only $5 to attend, so don’t miss out!