"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

"We Revolve Around You"

The Dakota Planet

Dakota Dance Teams

We’ve all seen Dakota dance teams performing at our school football games and basketball games throughout the year. However, they also have many other performances besides at school events.

Dakota dance teams is made up of a JV team and a Varsity team. The head coach of Varsity is coach Kwolek.  The coaches of JV are coach Abby and coach Bri. Besides coaches, there are many people that contribute to the team such as, assistant coaches, old students, and choreographers.

Now, let’s talk about football games. JV dances at every JV football game. They perform at half-time every Thursday during home games. Varsity performs at all Friday night home games at half-time. This also applies to some basketball games as well. They always put on an entertaining show for students and parents. Plus, they will be performing at this week’s Homecoming Pep Rally!

Beyond sports games, both teams compete in a variety of competitions throughout the year. Their first competition will be in November. Most of these competitions are held at surrounding schools. The teams do local competitions up until February at Nationals.  Our dance teams have had a national title for many years in a row. This competition will be held in Florida. To find information on competition locations and times, check in with the Coaches or the team.

While doing so many great performances, the teams also have multiple fundraisers. Some of these include a team-wear sale, a mums sale, and a popcorn sale. If you want to support Dakota Dance Teams, ask one of our many dancers how you can help! If you’re interested in the team, look out for try-out dates in May!

Dance team can be an amazing community experience that is focused around your love for dance!