Newest Web Adventure: Pilot

With the continuous growth of students at our school and the ever-changing world of technology, the need for updates is constant. With the newest computer update as recent as Labor Day weekend, new advancements–like the iPhone X, already circling the markets, schools are not always able to stay on top of the newest and latest. Mrs. Groppuso explained how her experience in high school was completely different from the one we have today.

With this new growth of students have called for innovative programs. This year, the English department is “piloting” new textbooks online. The curriculum council was looking for new publishers to help create an environment adapt to teach students in such a large population and with all the advances in technology. Our very own English department felt as though classes could value a new technique for students. With such a strong technology presence with the program, it can be a struggle to set the program and get it running, however, students are quickly adapting to the process. Mrs. Cline, English Department head, can see her students engaging with this process of learning information. As with any new products and programs, it can be confusing to navigate while trying to get all the information and exercises done before the bell rings with a slow network*. However, students are also given the chance to go at their own pace. With a speed ideal for each student, they can get a feel for college while still being able to have a teacher help alongside them. The latest program was taken a minute to get adjusted to, but people are optimistic for the best for our students. 

*Techy Quirk: The district’s network is slowest on Virus Check Wednesday. The IT department will run virus scans every Wednesday to keep our computers working to the max for students and teachers who work to the max.