The Dakota Planet

A glitch in the matrix

A glitch in the matrix 

Have you ever walked out of a room without realizing it? You were just so distracted or lost in thought that you’re suddenly in a hallway with no clue how you got there? Ever turned off a light and then found it on again later? Have you ever had a dream so real that you woke up confused? Certainly, there are entirely reasonable explanations for these events. But how do you justify the weirder ones? There are tons of testimonials from people who experience a “glitch in the matrix”. Now, I consider myself to be a rational person, I believe that everything can be explained by science. Though, I’m having trouble reasoning with these stories.  

The imaginary phone call  

“I was sitting in my office one day, when my desk phone rings, and it is my under sheriff asking me to bring him all the reports/dispatch logs/any documentation ref to a specific so I get it all together, and start towards his office. I meet him in the hallway, and hand him the paperwork. He asked what it was. I told him, ‘It’s the XXXXX documentation you asked for.’ 

He then swears he never asked me for it. That he had just arrived and had not called my office. He was on his way down the hall to ask me to get it together.” 

This story could easily be passed off as fake, but just for a moment, imagine if it was real. How do you explain how this person got the call when the sheriff hadn’t even been there to call? Could it be a tech error, or could it be the crossing of timelines? 

The mystery dream 

“Here’s one from my brother. I don’t think our mom believed him, but I certainly do. He seemed spooked when he got home. 

He was sitting in the passenger seat, driving home alongside my mom. A bright green car swerved and hit them, knocking bits and pieces of glass into his arm. 

He jolted awake afterwards, just in time to see the green car pass them. He claimed he felt the marks the glass left afterwards too.” 

Now, I’ve certainly had weird dreams, I’ve woken up many times thinking the dream was real. But I’ve never seen the events or things in my dreams. The fact that this person saw the car pass them is an oddity I can’t explain. 

An hour and twenty-five minuets 

A dude was in the car with a couple of friends, heading back from a road trip. His parents called to see how far away he was, and he told them it’d be about 25 minutes. Shortly thereafter, he came around a bend and saw a full moon, which was reflected in the lake below. The road ahead was completely empty, with not a single car in sight, then suddenly everything went pitch black for a moment. No dashboard lighting, no headlights on the road; the music even stopped playing. Then, the music was back, playing the CD from the beginning, and there was now a vehicle being pulled over by a cop a quarter mile ahead, though it hadn’t been there a split second earlier. 

He assumed that he’d fallen asleep momentarily, but after a few moments, the driver of the car exclaimed that he thought he’d just fallen asleep as well. They shared the experience, and more concerning was the clock, which was reading an hour later than it had a bit earlier. To avoid freaking out, they convinced themselves that the car may’ve had an electrical failure that reset the clock and whatnot, but when they arrived at his house 25 minutes later, he was an hour late. To this day, he has no idea what the explanation for that brief blackout and missing hour is. 

This is the story that made me want to write this piece. I have no clue what could have happened to these people, tech error, drug trip, aliens? Who knows, it might not even be real. 

I do not fail to realize that all these stories could be made up. These people could be crazy, or just looking for their five minutes of fame. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but just imagine, there is probably somebody out there who 100% believes something unexplained happened to them. What do you believe? Are these people crazy? Could it all be true?  

Let me know in the comments what you believe or if you’ve ever experienced a glitch! Or comment your own cool stories you’ve found!  

– M.K. 

The imaginary phone call and The mystery dream  

https://thoughtcatalog.com/juliet-lanka/2017/11/25-people-give-their-glitch-in-the-matrix-story-that-made-them-believe-in-the-supernatural/ 

An hour and twenty-five minuets 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/christopherhudspeth/stories-of-people-experiencing-a-glitch-in-the-matrix-that-a 

About the Writer
Madeline Kraemer, Broadcasting

Madeline Kraemer is a sophomore at Dakota high school. Madeline works on broadcasting and segments for The Dakota Planet. During her free time she participates...