The Dakota Planet

A Haunted House At DHS?!

Jillian Clonan, Feature Editor

If you’re looking for a fun way to get into the Halloween spirit, check out Dakota’s upcoming Haunted Hallway event. It will take place on Friday, October 26th from 5:30-7 p.m., with tickets costing $5 for people over 11 years old and $2 for everyone 10 and under. There will be a variety of festive activities for all ages to enjoy. A more kid-friendly area will be set up throughout the atrium where you can find cookie decorating, bingo, “scary-oke”, and many other fun games and activities to participate in. If you’re interested in the scarier side of things, you can head for Dakota’s academic wing, where tons of student actors will be eagerly waiting to give you a fright as you travel the halls. Past attendees have confirmed that it truly is a scary experience! However, you can always request a friendlier version if you don’t like being scared or have young children with you.  

This event is hosted by Dakota’s Student Diversity Club, and they have been working hard to put it together. I personally observed a meeting they had recently and saw first-hand how dedicated the club members and the advisors, Mr. Renaud and Ms. McPharlin, are to making this event a success. They were all hard at work making decorations, discussing ideas, and planning out future tasks. Alongside the Student Diversity Club, several other organizations at Dakota such as National Honors Society, National Art Honors Society, and the Teacher Cadet program are helping out as well. It is clear that many of Dakota’s staff and students have worked to put together what is going to be a wonderful event, and they all hope to see you there!   

Jillian Clonan, Feature Editor

Jillian is a senior at Dakota. This is her first year on the Dakota Planet and she is the Feature Editor. She is also involved in Key Club and Rosie Society,...