Keeping Up with Madame Durasevic

Madame and a cute French flag:)

1522371898:14

14

Madame Durasevic is a French teacher at Dakota High School and has graciously agreed to let us interview her for a teacher spotlight in the Dakota Planet! Here are many Q & A that allow us to get to know Madame better!

Q  “When and why did you decide to become a teacher?” (L.L.)

A  “I decided to become a teacher in  high school. I had just moved to America a few years before and was taking French in order to learn English (I already knew French, I was actually learning the translations of French words to English so sort of the opposite of what the other students were doing). My teacher let me teach the class sometimes and I really enjoyed it, I decided then that I wanted to become a teacher! (T.D.)

Q  “What college did you go to and why?” (L.L.)

A  “I went to Wayne State because of its multi-cultural environment” (T.D.).

Q  “What do you enjoy to do on your free time?” (L.L.)

A  “I love spending time with my family (my husband, sisters, mom and my three boys; Romeo,  Leonardo, and Matteo) and doing whatever it is that they want to do together. Whether it’s bike-riding or taking a walk (depending on the weather), I just love hanging out with them” (T.D.) 

Q  “Do you run any clubs at Dakota?” (L.L.)

A  ” I’m the Sophomore Class adviser and the International Club sponsor. ” (T.D.)

Q  “How was it for you to move to America? When did you move?” (L.L.)

A  “Well I moved when I was in middle school and it was very difficult. I didn’t know any English, everything was very confusing, and I just felt lonely and lost for a while. I left Nice, France and I miss the beaches there often” (T.D.).

Pictured: Madame and her fourth hour class.

Q  “How many languages do you speak?” (L.L.)

A  “I speak three languages, English is my third” (T.D.).

Q  “What is your favorite beverage?” (L.L.)

A  “I like Orangina ( a French beverage) and Pepsi” (T.D.).

Q  “Do you have any pets?” (L.L.)

A  “Yes, we have two parakeets. Their names are Emily and Pluto” (T.D.).

Q  “What is your favorite season and why?” (L.L.)

A  ” I love summer the most!  I am able to spend more time with my family, and I love the weather!” (T.D.).

Q  “What is your favorite French food?” (L.L.)

A  “I really like Socca, a French/Niçoise specialty” (T.D.).

Q  “If you could hop in your car right now and go out to eat, where would you go?” (L.L.)

A  “I would definitely go to Royal Oak and eat at Bigalora! They serve amazing pizza there” (T.D).

Q  “What do you usually eat in the morning?” (L.L.)

A  “I eat a croissant and a banana every day” (T.D.).

Q  “What characteristics do you like in people?” (L.L.)

A  “A sense of humor for sure” (T.D.).

Q  “What characteristics do not like in people?” (L.L.)

A  “I don’t like people who are selfish or self- centered. Anyone who thinks everything is about them. I also don’t like people who are dishonest.” (T.D.).

Q  “What kind of music do you have on your phone?” (L.L.)

A  ” EVERYTHING! My playlist varies from rap to country to techno to alternative, I like all types of music” (T.D.).

Q  “How did you meet your husband?” (L.L.)

A  “Well the first time I saw my husband he was my sister’s next door neighbor and he was teaching little kids to play soccer. I saw him there and before I even spoke to him I knew I was going to marry him someday” (T.D.).

Q  “What is your favorite show, character in the show and why?” (L.L.)

A  ” My favorite show is This Is Us and I don’t have a favorite character. I can relate to each one of them so I can’t pick just one. I love how the show is written this way, where you can see yourself in each of the characters. It is extremely well written in this sense ” (T.D.).

Q  “What is a big difference between Macomb and Nice?” (L.L.)

A  “In Nice everybody walks, you don’t really need a car. In fact we thought we could live here without a car but after a week we realized we needed one. In Nice, public transportation is also more common or accessible than it is here” (T.D.).

Q  “What is your favorite thing about your trips to France with your French III and IV  students?” (L.L.)

A  “I really enjoy the faces my kids make when they see the Eiffel Tower. They are just so amazed, maybe even mesmerized, and when we go to Nice (my hometown), in the south of France, they are just as amazed. They can hardly believe that both are within the same country because of the contrast between the two. The Eiffel Tower is in the city while Nice is much more tropical and has a beach right by there (which I miss)” (T.D.).

Q  “Are you a morning person?” (L.L.)

A  “YES! I love to play my music in my car when I drive to work and I usually sing along!” (T.D.).