Tragedy at Central Michigan University

At around 8:30 am last week, 19 year old James Eric Davis Jr. was suspected to be the shooter of both his parents and two other people who fatally died at one of the residence halls on the Central Michigan University campus.

Reports say Davis was acting very strange the day before the shooting, but no one expected this type of violent behavior from him. Cameras throughout the campus indicate Davis laughing and socializing with friends, but nothing prepared them for what was soon to occur. Davis used a gun registered in his father’s name, which he stole to use on both of the victims.

Davis allegedly overdosed on drugs at some point before or after the shooting, making him mentally unstable and an even bigger threat to students and nearby residents. The campus was immediately put on lock down for several hours before beginning the extremely slow process of evacuating staff and students.

First responders began checking residential homes in the Mount Pleasant area for Davis, and in any shrubbery or yards for possible hiding places. Davis was arrested early Saturday (March 3rd) morning after nearly a day-long manhunt for him after a tip came in that he was aboard a local railroad. He wasn’t making any sense while being questioned and was taken to the McLaren hospital nearby. Davis was formally arraigned from his hospital bed on Tuesday (March 5th) afternoon.