Curriculum Night

The+wood+working+classes+got+to+display+their+favorite+pieces+from+the+past+years+to+showcase+the+creative+and+challenging+projects+they+learned+in+their+class.+The+display+draws+lots+of+attention+each+year+and+the+students+are+ready+to+explain+all+their+works.+

The wood working classes got to display their favorite pieces from the past years to showcase the creative and challenging projects they learned in their class. The display draws lots of attention each year and the students are ready to explain all their works.

On March 1st, Dakota invited incoming freshman and sophomores to preview the variety of clubs, activites, and course offered. In the above slide show, groups from all interest joined to together to give deomstrations or just discuss with students and parents about the progrmas at Dakota. The night began with a presentation for the two differnet classes of students for any parent informsation and logistics of the transitions students will face. The families were greeted by National Honor Society students and directed to specific areas of interest. In the school gym, clubs and activities created presentations about their clubs. “She is the First” got to display their brand new organization added just this past year. the studnets, explained the need for education not just in the United States but also in the contires around the world, especially for women. The club preview was an impeccable way to start off National Women’s history month. Sports were also displayed for students to get time to talk with coaches and fellow atheletes about their experiences on the team. Students from track to football and golf showed their school pride and pride for the team by talkig with students and parents about the wonderful opportunites with participating in a Dakota sport.

In the atrium, teachers of Dakota displayed their classes. One of the biggest displays was a motor vehicle and the woodworking art pieces. students of both classes got to display their favorite pieces and moments from their classes. Also, majority of the students that volunteered to help are seniors and can not wait to pass the torch to the incoming classes to continue the cougar legacy.

Other courses, such as Writing for Publication, Spanish, Leadership, and medical careers, allowed students to see the vast variety, of course, that may spark their interest in future scheduling ideas. The night also got to display the community at Dakota and the willingness of teachers and students to display their favorite memories and experiences with others in hope to start their own with the new classmates of the 2021 and 2022.