Inspirational Quotes Applied to High School Experiences

While reading inspirational quotes, it is important to realize that each quote has a strong meaning behind it. To understand what is being said you should try to apply the quote to your own life which can cause a positive mindset and motivate you. While in high school, people find it difficult to stay motivated, and by understanding the inspirational quotes you are being told, you can quickly regain your focus and be inspired. Below are four quotes that you can apply to your high school experience that can help you get through tough moments in your life. 

“High school is about finding who you are, because that’s more important than trying to be someone else.” -Nick Jonas 

This inspirational quote focuses on the significance of truly finding who you are while you are in high school. During this time, you are gaining independence and begin making important decisions on your own. Depending on the crowds you spend time with, it is easy to be influenced by others, losing yourself in the process. Although it may be difficult to feel as if you do not belong, you must remember that nobody is the same. You should take it upon yourself to discover your own purpose in life by finding hobbies, making goals, and doing what makes you feel content.  

“Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life.” -Jackie Chan 

Walking through the hallways of a high school, you see hundreds of different people. Some are smiling, some are laughing, some may even look like they are having the worst day of their lives. The truth is, you never know what someone is going through or thinking about. It is all right to have a difficult day, but you are getting yourself nowhere if you consider taking your anger out on the people around you. By just smiling at someone on your way to class, you could have such a positive impact on their day and potentially change their whole mood. This quote states that by putting forth even the smallest act of kindness, you could change a person’s complete outlook.  

“Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.” -Gail Devers 

Many students find it difficult to stay motivated as they lose interest in the topics discussed in their classrooms and are overwhelmed with homework. With teachers and parent figures telling you to begin thinking about your future, goals start to flow into your mind. Whether you want to be a professional sports player, start your own business, or become an engineer, you need to know that these goals are not achievable without constant effort. These things will not be handed to you in life and the decisions you make throughout high school can determine your future.  

“If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” -Albert Einstein 

During high school, people tend to base their happiness off the number of friends they have, the things they own, and what others expect of them. It is important to know that friendships are nice to have, but they should not determine the joy in your life. At the end of the day, you are the only person who understands yourself, and you must put yourself first. By having a goal throughout these years, you can maintain your focus and motivation on something that could last a lifetime. 

Not all inspirational quotes you see or hear about will serve a purpose for you, but the ones that do could potentially inspire you to do remarkable things and change your attitude to be someone great.