Michigan Commits

Michigan+Commits

After the regular season Jim Harbaugh and the Michigan Wolverines put in some work finding new recruits to come play for Michigan and they did not disappoint. Michigan recruited over 20 seniors coming right out of High School to their football program.

3 star from Kennesaw Georgia, Benjamin Hall committed to Michigan this year after his senior year of high school. Benjamin attended North Cobb High School where he helped his team secure back-to-back regional titles. Through six games his senior season, totaled 61 carries with 324 yards with four touchdowns and caught nine passes for 93 yards with another two scores. Single game performances in 2022 included: 23 carries for 175 yards and one touchdown, 12 carries for 94 yards and a touchdown, 12 total touches, 110 yards and two touchdowns; had a two-touchdown game in the regional final.

2 star from Ann Arbor Michigan, Adam Samaha attended Huron High School he committed to Michigan this year after he finished his senior year during his time in High School, he set the longest filed goal record for the school kicking 49 yards. He helped lead the River Rats to 3 consecutive playoff runs, he was apart of the team that went 8-2 and reached the state championship his junior year in 2021, the program’s best record in 20 years. He converted 11-of-14 field goals while being perfect kicking extra points, in 2021 he connected on 7-of-10 field goals with a 42-yard kick converting 34-of-34 extra points, Adam also hit 50 touchbacks on 56 kickoffs during his junior year

4 star from West Bloomfield, Semaj Morgan is also coming right out of High School committing to the University of Michigan, he attended West Bloomfield High School, as a wide receiver Semaj helped his team secure the 2020 MHSAA Division 1 State Championship team that finished 11-1 in 2020 the programs first-ever state title during his sophomore year. Semaj caught 43 passes for 733 yards with 14 touchdowns his senior year; as a quarterback, tossed five touchdowns and no interceptions in one start and additional spot duty, throughout his senior year on defense, recorded multiple interceptions returned for touchdowns (including a 101-yard return) and one scoop-and-score fumble recovery, as a junior Semaj caught 61 passes for 1,015 yards with 13 touchdowns

4 star from Dexter Michigan, Cole Cabana is a running back commit from Dexter High School he helped the Dreadnaughts to a 12-1 record and a trip to the Division 2 state semifinals as a senior, helped lead Dexter to an SEC Red Division title, the program’s first ever conference title since 1963 and the program’s first ever district championship. For his 3-year varsity career he had 79 touchdowns and 5,781 all-purpose yards, setting a number of new records for the school including career yards and touchdowns, single season yards and touchdowns, and single game yards and touchdowns. As a senior Cole had 2,434 all-purpose yards while grabbing 36 touchdowns in the process, he rushed for 1,518 yards and rushing for 27 touchdowns while adding 472 receiving yards with six touchdowns senior year.

3 star commit from Youngstown Ohio, Jason Hewlett was a linebacker for Chaney High School and now a linebacker for the University of Michigan, Jason totaled 59 stops his senior year, including nine tackles for loss, two sacks, three interceptions and three forced fumbles. A two-way player who also caught 14 passes for 317 yards with three touchdowns as a senior, he also scored two touchdowns on defense as well as special teams with also a kickoff return touchdown. Jason also helped the Chaney Cowboys reach a 10-2 record in his senior year, including a playoff appearance which was the school’s first 10-win season in more than 20 years.

4 star commit from Cincinnati Ohio, Cameron Calhoun, Cameron was a defensive back for Winton Woods High School, he helped his school the Warriors to a 12-1 record his senior year while also appearing in the regional semifinal. Cameron was also a part of a Division 2 state championship-winning team that went 13-3 in 2021, he also lettered in track and field specializing in sprints and hurdles. He has the most interceptions in Chaney High school history with 14, his senior year Cameron totaled 52 tackles including three tackles for loss, 15 pass breakups and five interceptions, he also returned a 105-yard interception as a senior. Led the Cincinnati Conference with nine interceptions his junior season among 61 tackles, one forced fumble, and one fumble recovery.

3 star commit coming from Kansas City Montana, Kendrick Bell attended Park Hill High School as the starting quarterback, Kendrick Bell unfortunately posted a 3-8 record with the Trojans his senior year, he was apart of two playoffs teams which he was starting quarterback for each season and won a playoff game both seasons. In his senior year, he completed 224-339 pass attempts (72 percent) with 35 passing touchdowns while adding 670 rushing yards as well 10 scores on the ground, as a junior Kendrick completed 207-339 pass attempts (61 percent) with 30 total touchdowns including rushing; 313 total rushing yards. Kendrick also has some school records under his belt like, passing yards, completions, and completion percentage his senior year.

3 star commit coming from Youngstown Ohio, DJ Waller was also a defensive back for Chaney High School he played alongside Jason Hewlett, DJ as well helped the Cowboys to a 10-2 record his senior year in 2022 also including a playoff appearance. His senior year he totaled 47 tackles, one sack, as well as an interception, DJ is a two-way player while also played wide receiver grabbing 215 yards as well as a pair of touchdowns in 2022. In six games as a junior DJ recorded 29 tackles, including four tackles for loss with three sacks and one interception; also caught 20 passes for 322 yards with five touchdowns.

4 star recruit from St. Louis Montana, Fredrick Moore was a wide receiver for Cardinal College Prep, he helped the Lions go 14-0 during their campaign his senior year while also grabbing the Missouri Class 3A State Championship. His senior year Fredrick totaled 28 touchdowns including 24 receiving scores on 67 receptions for 1,504 yards, he is a two-way player who also intercepted three passes on defense while also returning punts and kicks for the Lions. In his championship game, Fredrick caught eight passes for 157 yards with two touchdowns and added an interception on defense; scored five touchdowns in the state semifinal game, as a junior he caught 41 passes totaling 1,010 yards with 12 touchdowns and added three scores via return.

All stats and analytics came from mgoblue.com and Rivals.com