Division One Round Two Michigan Football Playoffs

Round two of MSHAA playoffs began Friday November 4, 2022 with extremely tough matchups, the best 16 teams in the state went head to head for a spot to play on Ford Field. The bracket is broken up into 4 regions and two districts. You can stream these matchups at MSHAA.tv or NFHSnetwork.com. Beginning the first game of round two #20 Caledonia went up against #6 Rockford at Rockford high school. Rockford was one of the favorites as they went into the tournament undefeated in the regular season but with an very close game Caledonia beat Rockford 14-13 getting there redemption against Rockford from a previous regular season game where Rockford beat Caledonia 38-15. Continuing on with another very close game Grand Ledge beat Holt 21-20. Grand Ledge went up against Holt in the beginning of the regular season, Holt came out on top 14-6, Grand Ledge takes there hard earned redemption. Holt put up a good fight in the playoff round with a two point conversion in the fourth quarter but it was Grand Ledge who secured there spot in the Regional Finals. Caledonia will go up against Grand Ledge at East Kentwood on Saturday 11/12 at 1pm. In Region 2 Clarkson had a big victory against Davison 49-40. In the fourth quarter Davison tried to close the gap with a touchdown and a 2 point conversion but with an unsuccessful two point conversion, Clarkston expanded the gap with a 77 years rushing touchdown to win the game. Clarkston played Davidson in a regular season game earlier in the season but Davison had came out on top. Clarkston came back for redemption and won keeping them in the fight. The battle between Rochesters began at Rochester Adams on Friday 11/04, Rochester Adams defeated Rochester High School 28-14. Rochester Adams will go up against Clarkson, the only team they lost to in the regular season. In region three Saline went up against undefeated Belleville, with the teams tied at the half it was a close game but Belleville lead in the second half and ultimately winning 62-44. Bellevilles head coach Jermain Crowell was suspended by Belleville for undue influence violations and might effect Bellevilles preform for further games. Detroit Catholic Central defeated Northville 42-17, moving them into the regional finals going against the previous state champions Belleville. On Saturday at 1pm Cass tech went up against Southfield A&T, both teams put up a fight but it was Cass Tech who came out on top. To finish out region 4 was Romeo at Dakota, Dakota dominated the bulldogs 17-0 and Dakota will move on to play Cass Tech at home on Friday 11/11. Round three will be broken up into four regions and each team will compete for the regional trophy and played on Saturday and Fridays. State Semi Finals will be held at Troy high school on Saturday at 1pm and will consist of the top 4 teams for each region.

Our own Dakota Cougars have made it once again to round three of MSHAA, last year Dakota lost to Stevenson 20-27 in Regional Finals. Dakota is looking to take home the Regional trophy and get to the state semi finals. This year Dakota will go head to head with Cass Tech, a school located in Detroit with 2,408 students. Last week Dakota went up against Romeo for the second time this season, the game began in Romeos possession but quickly was punted to Dakotas 47 yard line. #18 Domenic Celestini kicks for a 38 yard field goal that made the score 3-0. With 8 minutes left #6 Ethan Hamby threw a 49 yards bass to #1 Owen Colpaert for a touchdown. The Cougars defense dominated in the first, #54 Bo Wheeler with a tackle for loss, #90 Jake Kowalkowski with a sack on Romeos own 21 yard line and #11 Lorenzo Alfred with a interception going into the half. In the third quarter #4 Joe Cacevic ran in the final touchdown for the game that made the score 17-0. #11 Lorenzo Alfred continued to dominate defensively with another interception on Romeo’s own 32 yard line. Dakotas defense was unmatched as #8 Tyler Harper had two sacks and #7 Calvin Watson with Dakotas third interception in the fourth to finish to game 17-0. Dakotas offense was led by #6 Ethan Hamby (8/13, 90 yards and one touchdown), #4 Joe Cacevic (26 Carries, 120 arcs and one touchdown), #1 Owen Colpaert (56 years and one touchdown). The Cougars Defensive was led by #7 Calvin Watson (13 total tackles, 2 TFL, and one interception), #8 Tyler Harper (12 total tackles, 3 TFL, and 2 sacks), #44 Aiden Tuchowski and #50 Micheal Pittiglio (6 total tackles and .5 sack for Aiden), #54 Bo Wheeler (6 total tackles, 2 TFL, and .5 sacks), and #11 Lorenzo Alfred ( 4 total tackles and 2 interceptions). The Cougars will play on Friday November 11, 2022 for there last home game against Cass Tech. For our students the theme is TBA and tickets are only available on gofan.com. No athletic passes will be accepted. Pictures from the Dakota vs Romeo Game: https://photos.app.goo.gl/F4d4v1GMDQgC9PTD7