College Student Arrested After Poisoning Roommate

A student at the University of Hartford admits to licking her roommates dining utensils and slathering her own bodily fluids over her roommate’s personal belongings.  

Freshmen at Hartford University, Chennel “Jazzy” Rowe posted an almost 2-hour long video on her Facebook live about her roommate from hell. Jazzy says that after being randomly paired with Briana Brochu, she started feeling sick and getting throat aches.  

Jazzy also says while moving her items to another room, after requesting a room change, a fellow student approached her who’d seen a few shocking posts from Brochu on social media.  

One of the posts confirmed Jazzy’s thoughts. For over a month, Brochu had been fooling around with her personal items and harassing her. 

“Finally, did it ya girl got rid of her roommate!” Rowe said, remembering Brochu’s post. “After 1½ months of spitting in her coconut oil, putting moldy clam dip in her lotions, rubbing used tampons on her backpack, putting her toothbrush where the sun doesn’t shine and so much more I can finally say goodbye to Jamaican Barbie.” 

A few days later, Brochu was arrested for third-degree criminal mischief and second-degree breach of peace. Although Brochu does also claim that her actions were somewhat justified because of the hostile environment that Jazzy created by supposedly posting videos of her snoring on snapchat.  

Rowe’s video prompted a widespread response on social media, with many users using the hashtag #JusticeforJazzy in support. 

Brochu was court-ordered to refrain from being on the University of Hartford’s campus and not to contact her former roommate, Jazzy, during a short court appearance following her arrest, according to the Hartford Courant. 

Despite this, Chennel “Jazzy” Rowe still wonders if the roles were reversed, if she were white and Brochu was black, would the outcome still be the same.