Dakota vs Chippewa Valley Football Recap

The Dakota Cougars once again beat there rival Chippewa Valley High School 28-17,  which as predicted was one of the biggest high school  games in the state. About 5000 people attended to watch the highly ranked teams match up. The Cougars started off slow, down 7 points in the first quarter. Dakotas defense kept them in the game with #95, Anthony Coleman with a sack on their own 46 yard line. Moving into halftime the tensions were high with the score still being 0-7. The Cougars offense began to pick up with #1 Owen Colpaert connecting two long passes from #6 Ethan Hamby, to help #4 Joe Cacevic with a 13 yard rushing touchdown putting Dakota right back into the battle 7-7. #1 Owen Colpaert continued to catch important passes thrown by #6 Ethan Hamby. Beginning the electric fourth quarter #1 Owen Colpaert created a gap, putting Dakota up 14-7 with an 11 yard touchdown. Chippewa Valley wouldn’t go down without a fight with them putting up another touchdown keeping the game alive 14-14. Dakotas offensive retaliation was something the Big Reds could not keep up with, #4 Joe Cacevic and #1 Owen Colpaert had some key offensive plays but it was #6 Ethan Hamby, our quarterback putting the cougars up 21-17. Dakotas offense could not be stopped as #4 Joe Cacevic took in another rushing touchdown securing that the rivalry trophy stays with them, winning the game 28-17. The Cougars defense was led by #8 Tyler Harper (16 tackles), #95 Anthony Coleman (9 tackles and .5 sacks), #50 Micheal Pittiglio (7 tackles and .5 sacks) and #24 Dimari Malone as well as #90 Jake Kowalkowski (one sack each). Leading the exceptional offense #4 Joe Cacevic (167 rushing yards and two touchdowns), #1 Owen Colpaert (155 receiving yards and 1 touchdown) and #6 Quarterback, Ethan Hamby (15/21, 217 yards and one touchdown).

Payton Rettich

The Dakota Cougars play against the Romeo Bulldogs tonight 9/30/2022. The game is located at Romeo High School and begins at 7pm. To purchase tickets you must pay at the door this game unlike the normal GoFan tickets. For our students the theme tonight is country with a hint of red for our alumni Keegan Reed who passed away in a car crash this week. For pictures of the Chippewa Valley game: https://photos.app.goo.gl/gW43BxbXFpDEHQnh7