More Than a Library: Dakota’s Media Center

Dakota High School’s Media Center located in the 10-12 building.

Located in the 10-12 building, Dakota High School’s media center is packed with resources and knowledge. Whether you are looking for a good book to dive into, or need access to a printer, the media center has you covered. 

The first thing that one thinks of when they hear the word “library,” are books. The school’s media center is filled with books of all genres, both fiction and nonfiction. New releases are always coming in, so there is a good chance that everyone will find something that they will enjoy. Some recent additions to the library’s selection include The Concrete Rose by Angie Thomas, and novels by Jenny Han. The media center specialist, Ms. Groppuso, also recommends the new Heartstopper graphic novels, based off the Netflix show of the same name. All these books and more are available now for checkout.  

Besides being the center for all book activities, the school library is also the go-to place for tech-related needs. The media center has Wi-Fi available, as well as access to colored printers. There are many computers available for use, and even a 3D printer. Aside from books and technology, there are all sorts of games, puzzles, and more open for anyone to enjoy. 

The Dakota High School 10-12 Building Media Center is open all throughout the school day- even during lunch. More detailed hours are listed below. 

For more updates about the media center, be sure to check out the “Dakota High School Media Center: Grades 9-12″ Schoology page. 

Media Center hours: 

7am-3pm          Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 

7am-4:15pm     Tuesdays, Thursdays