Here is the 2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook!!

Here+is+the+2022+Atlantic+Hurricane+Season+Outlook%21%21

Zachary Veal, Teenager Meteorologist

Here is a summary infographic showing both hurricane season probability and numbers of named storms predicted from NOAA’s 2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook. (NOAA).

Forecasters at NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center, a division of the National Weather Service, are predicting above-average hurricane activity this year — which would make it the seventh consecutive above-average hurricane season. NOAA’s outlook for the 2022 Atlantic hurricane season, which extends from June 1st to November 30th, predicts a 65% chance of an above-normal season, a 25% chance of a near-normal season, and a 10% chance of a below-normal season.

And finally, for the 2022 hurricane season, NOAA is forecasting a likely range of 14 to 21 named storms (winds of 39 mph or higher), of which 6 to 10 could become hurricanes (winds of 74 mph or higher), including 3 to 6 major hurricanes (category 3, 4 or 5; with winds of 111 mph or higher). And NOAA provides these ranges with a 70% confidence.